History in brief
The history of the mill dates back to the early 16th century, when the first foundations of the building were laid. The oldest known owner of the property was the Czejtova family from 1581 to 1654. The locals nicknamed the family mill Certovsky mlýn, meaning ‘Devil’s den’.
Hereafter many other families have owned the mill. Lidmila was the last family from 1875 to 1974 and gave the mill its present name. In 1925 one of the first two radios in Sádek was installed in Lidmilův mlýn. It worked on the hydraulic power generated from the mill as the village had no access to electricity until 1932 – its water pipes were only constructed in 1994.